Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I’ve Noticed You’re Around (Would You Go to Bed with Me?)


When I went to the shops this morning I saw this posted on a pole. It tickled me immediately but also stirred up memories of Edinburgh Josh. He told me he had noticed me; how beautiful I am; that he wanted to get to know me. I don’t think he offered to take me out to dinner though, (just to be the father of my children and other bullshit, hmm!) and he didn’t give me his mobile number either.

It has me curious. Will she see the poster? If she does would she call? I don’t think I would, but then I wouldn’t believe it was aimed at me anyway. Still I find it exciting and mildly romantic. You see I don’t think I’m terribly romantic. I said that to Josh after he climbed off me. That was after he found out “how deep” he could go. Not deep enough to penetrate this cynical ice maiden. *Evil chuckle at my expense* [Oh come on Amy this isn’t what you wanted to write about].

I did find this oddly sweet. I had to go back and take a photo of it after all and at the time I did want to write something about it. A good old fashioned I’d like to get in your pants romance. You may be able to see it for yourself but the harsh Australian sun has already made some of the writing on the poster fade away. (I hate a sunburnt country). How long do you wait before taking them down and giving up?

It would be nice to think posting a photo of the poster may help this poor lust sick guy out but I already know I don’t get that kind of traffic passing through. I seriously doubt she’s in Arizona. ;-)


3 comments:

  1. Lol, you never know! Six degrees of seperation... I would be really interested to know how many women responded simply because it was a romantic gesture, whether or not they were the intended one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think of that! [I forget some woman aren't nervous wrecks like me]. We'll have to text him and find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could tell him you're in a psychology class and you are doing some research or something :) I'd text him but I'm not sure my cell plan would cover that.

    ReplyDelete