Thursday, October 8, 2009

I’m On My Way

Tonight I leave for London. I can’t wait! I feel like I am going home, not least of all because I’ll be staying with friends who live in our old neighbourhood. They’ve already invited me out on the night I get there. There’s a benefit concert by Leon Rosselson, described by my host as a “prolific national treasure but probably best known for his song The World Turned Upside Down.” I’ll be honest with you readers but I haven't heard of either the song or the man. Still I was so touched to be invited and embraced.

I am a little nervous about the Scotland portion of my trip. It’s the unknown element. I’m terrified by the cost of transport but what can I do? Spend, spend, spend! Now that I know I’ll have a job to come home to I should be able to relax a little; though it’ll be a slow re-build of my finances. Shit! I don’t want to talk or think about this now!

I still need to pack. (Of course I do. Just a joke at my expense). I’m doing it in bits. Trying on clothes and culling them. My sister says I’m going to freeze my arse off there. She just got back and she said it’s already cold. I don’t really have many warm clothes. Fuck, I’m an Australian why would I? I’ll buy something there if I have to. Actually my sister is lending me a warm and fairly waterproof jacket she got over there. That will help. If it’s cold in Soho Square on Kirsty’s birthday I will “dance around like [I] don’t care.”

Oh I’m so pleased I get to go! She was great and in my opinion she was getting better and better. I really enjoy her last album Tropical Brainstorm. Before that I sort of liked songs from here and there or just had compilation CDs. But that album I like almost all the way through. I can’t say that about many albums. She tells a good story that woman. Like her dad Ewan MacColl who I’ve only just started to explore via and thanks to a new friend. He also has a memorial bench in London and I would like to go visit it too.

I’m hoping to see some friends while I’m in London but it’s such a short visit and I’m sure they’re all quite busy so I don’t fancy my chances. Still if it happens that would be great!

More packing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment