Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy

I am happy right now. Who would have thought it? I finished work early, I got to watch Q & A and I’m going to the UK! I just feel happy. I got an adorable email from my pregnant friend. I am missing her Hen’s Night (my first full day in London) but I’ll be there for the wedding, and what I’m sure will be an adorable baby! I keep seeing things I want to buy for it. God, I must be that age. I thought my cluckiness had passed but apparently not. I must have been in deep denial. I wouldn’t put that past me. I have to work on the weekend but I’ve got plans both days after work. What’s happening? When did I get a life?

I emailed the man about the Researcher Job with ABC3. It took a while. I kept trying different combinations on the email address I found on the net, relating to another ABC project. I finally noticed that I’d spelt his first name wrong. I’m sure I cut and paste it so I don’t know how that happened! Oh well at least I got through. And guess what the reply was – I’m sorry I am sick at the moment, if it’s urgent please contact so and so. Oh. Well I’m happy I got through.

It was just a short message saying I’d be interested in any other opportunities that come up especially in writing and research. I don’t know if it will do anything, but maybe my name will stick in his mind now. I feel I’ve done all I can at this stage. Maybe I should have attached a photo. I’m cute enough!

I was less lucky with finishing off my tax return but hopefully I can get what I need on the weekend. It would have been nice to have the money in time for my holiday (Iceland and Sweden) and now I don’t think I’ll even have it by my next trip. Still it’s good to know it’s there. God I hope I’m not broke when I come back. Although I think I’m going to love going to Kirsty’s "birthday." I’m sure Scotland will be awesome too. It’s so fast, I hope I can get myself sorted in time.

My All The Single Ladies t-shirt arrived today. [I’m modelling it for you above on the right]. Very fast service; I am impressed! I think the one I ordered my sister is a lot funnier. It's of Jesus on Facebook. I get to present it tomorrow when my sister returns from her trip to the UK. I can’t wait to hear her stories and I have all my stories to share too, plus some holiday gifts to give her. I guess I’m a bit more excited to see her than I realised, it’s been a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment