Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hanging On The Telephone

UPDATE: I have very, very mixed feelings about this work. I was convinced this morning that I would quit. I was writing my resignation email to kill time between calls. However things picked up and I ended up doing a bit of overtime talking to a man I had previously talked to. Although you get a code as an operator – smooth operator – that customers can I ask for so they can talk to you again, I don’t think that was the case today. I’ve been told building a client list is the best way to go but of course that takes time. Only two people have asked for my number so far.

I have to say after four shifts, (or 16 hours), in some ways it’s getting easier but if you break it down I’m still just idling by the phone for the majority of the time. Give me time to sit and think on my own and only bad things can happen. And I now know you only get paid per minute of chat. And paid rather poorly I might add. Oh and paid monthly! I need money now. I thought this was going to be easy money, I was wrong. If things don’t change then the money really isn’t worth it.

I’m not sure what to do. I don’t have any more shifts scheduled. Apparently they work out a week’s worth on Sundays. I just want to get out of the house tomorrow! I plan to go to a movie and relax. Since starting my body has been very tense before and during my sessions. Is the anxiety worth it? Or the headaches? I doubt it. I'm slightly dreading a call from the “office.” It makes me wonder if I should just send that email now. Then say, “Didn’t you get my resignation?” At this stage I haven’t given them my bank details or an ABN. Let them keep the money I made them. It can’t be more than $50.

No comments:

Post a Comment