Thursday, December 10, 2009

Trying Something New

I called my boss – just minutes ago – apparently it’s my fault that I’m doing overtime. I ended up crying, what’s new? She made me sound like I’m not good enough. Thanks a-fucking-lot! Should she have someone show me what to do? I beg your fucking pardon!?! She reckons I have less work than everyone else. I don’t think so. My job is spread over a bigger area AND I have people around and they turn the lights off in some areas after 7. How is that easier? She’s going to let me try working on two different floors tonight. (No lifts, ha!) See if that makes a difference. I just want my money! I’m too upset. I’m so angry too.

UPDATE:
Rather than write another boring post about work I'll say in the end I didn't get to do two new floors. But I was all right with that beca
use I thought doing something new would just slow me down anyway. Plus I didn't want to on Friday night because I am going to a gig after work with a friend. I know how to "cheat" and cut corners in my area.

My boss was sort of nice to me when I got to work. She's happy with my work but basically I will NEVER get paid any overtime unless it's a specific extra task they've asked me to do. Bugger! I just have to let it go. I'm still going to get cross and sad about my job but I've done all I can for the time being.

Time to look forward to good things coming up, like Terry's visit this weekend.
I'm nervous, of course, but at the same time I did go get myself some sexy underwear. It's from K-Mart but give me a break I'm only a part time cleaner. A girl who's doing ALL the Christmas shopping because she's a fool and can't help getting sucked up into the excitement and build-up to a day that almost never fails to disappoint. [Yea!]

What I really hate is I don't get a Christmas holiday; just the public holidays and weekends. As they overlap this year I may not get the extra day off that Boxing Day would normally allow. I really should find
out about that.

"It's most the wonderful time of the year!" (Or is it marvelous? Shit. Magical?)


xox Amy


6 comments:

  1. Work sucks. Wish there was something I could do to help other than just commiserate :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks big Johnny. It truly does suck but I have recently applied to a couple of Researcher jobs with the ABC. (Our public channel here, i.e. the good, "quality" stuff). I'd love to do either of them but I'm afraid I still don't have enough experience. Actually in my second application I was VERY honest and said things I shouldn't have about myself. If they like a good laugh they might enjoy reading it. If it even gets that far in the assessment food chain. Fuck, fuck, fuck! I need a new job. Best Christmas present ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your applications, i have said it before but if they don't give you a go then they are missing out big time.
    Hope your "date" with Terry goes well. Can't wait to hear the details and he is a lucky bastard.
    -Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magical, marvelous, it's all the same! Lol. I just happened to re-check this post and noticed the pics. You should have put those up the first time! I'd have been horribly disappointed to miss them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! Last night after almost an hour of overtime - what's ten minutes amongst exploited friends? - I came home and found a rejection email from one of the ABC jobs I applied for.

    Life's GREAT! And I don't care who knows it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things will improve. Kind of a rough time right now for much of anything (at least in the states it is, but I don't imagine it's too much better elsewhere), but things will get better eventually. Like the rest of us, you just have to hang in there and hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete